Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Tour Thus Far

Hey all!!!
I'm so sorry to those of you who have been waiting so patiently for me to write on the site. But here's a quick review of the tour thus far (with the exception of Japan...as that is worth a whole blog in itself).

The first leg of this tour was pretty rough on all of us. We were driving into a new city and doing a show that night what seemed like every day or every other day. It was confusing and exhausting but still fun. The cast hung in there to the best of all of our abilities but it was a really rough schedule. I myself had to call out 4 times already. I had to in St. Louis b/c I was having vocal problems. But then I called out for the first show in Bloomington, IN; Sioux City, IA; and Grand Forks, ND because I kept getting sick. I've been good since then but the cast kept dropping like flies b/c of colds and whatnot going around.

It's really comforting, when you're calling out of a show, knowing that your understudies are good at what they do. Both of mine (Jade and Christina) are on top of their game and I LOVE that!!! But it's not even just them. The swings and covers this year are amazing...not that they haven't been in the past. I mean...I used to be one (JK) :) But it's just nice to not worry about whether a person is going to be in the right spot when they're thrown into a show at the last minute. And there has been some of that on this tour already.

We've been to many places so far and sadly most of them were only for one night. So it's hard to say whether or not I've liked everywhere we've gone...all I see is my hotel rm and the theater. But, I will say that we've had some fun Holidays on this tour (and I am ALL ABOUT every holiday). We were in Daytona for Halloween. I was excited to see that everyone (cast and crew) went ALL OUT on their costumes. It was hard to go shopping for everything b/c we were constantly on the move...but everyone managed to get what they needed and we had an amazing time!!!

Next up was my birthday in Shreveport, LA!!! Shreveport was a really beautiful place and I was excited to spend my b-day there. It couldn't have fallen in a better wk! We had my bday party at the Louisiana Boardwalk (which is a gorgeous center on the river) and i partied hardy...then we had a show on Wed...and Thurs. was Thanksgiving!!!!

Thanksgiving was a hard one b/c we actually had to travel all day :( But we were in Memphis, TN!!! The cast played a little game of football, which was A LOT of fun. Our team lost, but it was a complete fluke!!! So there WILL be a rematch :) Then we had a really good thanksgiving dinner as a whole group back at the hotel. OH YEAH, and the next day I met a VERY hot celeb...but that goes into another blog :)

aside from Christmas in Japan, I think those are all of our holidays thus far...but we have some more holidays to come...and i am all about making holidays away from home fun :)

This company as a whole (cast crew and band) is amazing both on and off stage. We have a great time together and enjoy hanging out. I'm very honored to be on this tour with people who feel so strongly about the show and about each other. It's just a really great experience overall!!!

More blogs to come,
Jen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked Shreveport.

suew said...

Saw you in Grand Rapids, MI on 03/05/08. Blew me away! Can't say enough good things. Loved every minute of the show. What a way for me to say goodbye, my love to Rent on stage. Thanks so much to you and the whole cast!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Anonymous said...

http://lumerkoz.edu Best Site Good Work paroxetine nofa atrovent vukovic valtrex side effects mencionada scots zanaflex vega lovethrough altace side effects dvlni cloaks

LaToya Bryant said...

Hey jenn,
just stopping by to show some love. Z and I miss you lots. Hope if you're not busy we will see you in cali at the YA reunion. Love you lots,
Toya